Cisco SPA 50x/525

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mixig, Aug 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

i have arround 150 cisco phones which are on 7.4.3 firmware (mostly 504g and some 525g) and i must use 3cx provisioning to configure that phones, 3cx has a provisioning template for 7.5.3 firmware. I am not sure will this work, what i see is that config syntax for 7.4.3 and 7.5.3 is different?? :S

Maybe some of you have cisco.ph and ciscoSPA525.ph files for 7.4.3 firmware?

Any Suggestions?

p.s. all that phones are in a production, downtime must be minimal when changeing phones from one pbx to 3cx.

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I haven't seen changes between those firmware revs which would break on the template.. I usually see the template on the new versions "break" both my customizations as well as added features like Distinctive Ring, though.

You could upgrade the firwmare on "one" manually, using the Cisco firmware upgrade tool or others.. perhaps fetch an /admin/spacfg.xml both before and after the upgrade if you are curious just "what" was added and removed between versions.. and compare with a template to see.. but again I haven't had problems with templates between firmware revs as much as between templates themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.