Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA-50xG phones - do not update NTP time and date

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mich, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mich

Hello folks

I have multiple 3cx customer systems - all running Cisco SPA 504G or 508G ip phones.. I have all the settings in the 3cx machines for NTP , set all the correct time zones for the cisco phones but they do not update. The only way I've been able to update the date and time is go in manually to each ip phone via the web interface and manually set the local data and time. There is the NTP server setting on each phones web page as well but still nothing.
    I also noticed today that I cannot update the firmware from the 3cx management console but if I run the Cisco .exe for the firmware upgrade it'll work.
    I've searched all over the web for anyone having had this problem before but couldn't see a prior post.. so hopefully someone can help out here !

thanks!
    Mich

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using an external time server? If so, do you use an IP, or A URL, have you tried both?

Be sure that in the network settings of the set, the gateway, and DNS server are correct. Many times they are the same IP (that of the gateway) if the gateway is set to "pass on" DNS requests to an external DNS server, most are.

I suspect, that in your case, the phones are not able to reach the DNS server, or perhaps even outside the network (firewall?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.