• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA 525G randomly refreshes phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

netswork

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Once or twice a day our Cisco SPA525G's reboot and say refreshing voice component. Is this normal? I know when these phones are configured for SCCP rather than sip they do not do that. I am new to these phones on SIP though. Just want to make sure my customers are aware that it will do that occasionally and if there is a way to control the time of day that it happens.

Thanks

Billy Dodson

Our 525G2 Phones dont do this, however we did get reboots after we did a misconfig of the phone.

try doing a reset and then get 3CX to provision the phone again

Ill give that a shot. Thanks

let me know if you still get the same issue after doing the reset.

Using 3CX to provisioning your phones you generally get a phone reboot every 24 hours. Not sure why it detects a change every time but mine always did that and I have heard it from a number of other people as well.

just went to one of our phone consoles and it says

Elapsed Time: 1 day and 05:47:48

which is longer then 24 hours :)

Attachments

• 525gs.png
    525gs.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 2,702
We are just testing 3cx right now. I only have 2 phones and no POE switch. My two power injectors just got stolen from me for a wireless project so it will be a few days before I can get some more injectors. Thanks for the reply.

KerryG said:
Using 3CX to provisioning your phones you generally get a phone reboot every 24 hours. Not sure why it detects a change every time but mine always did that and I have heard it from a number of other people as well.

Do you know of any way to set the time this happens? Would rather it not happen during the day for my customers.

Yes, go into the office at 1am and reboot all the phones.

Again, I am not sure why they reboot with 3CX but not with other systems that do provisioning with them. I need to compare configuration files and see what they are doing different.

We dont get this issue.

Elapsed Time: 1 day and 23:10:52

davidbenwell said:
just went to one of our phone consoles and it says

Elapsed Time: 1 day and 05:47:48

which is longer then 24 hours :)

I'm sorry to say, we had the same problem with our Cisco 525G phones and ultimately scrapped them. The lack of EHS support was annoying too, but the random reboots were the death-knell. For as much as we spent on those phones, it was a shame to turn them off.

So now, we're running a mixture of Grandstream GXP2000, Aastra 55i, and Yealink T28.

We are running the latest firmware and don't have the issues that you have reported on our 13 phones

Uptime since last reboot
Elapsed Time: 2 days and 01:40:06

davidbenwell said:
We are running the latest firmware and don't have the issues that you have reported on our 13 phones

Uptime since last reboot
Elapsed Time: 2 days and 01:40:06

did you provision them manually or do a factory reset and use 3CX to provision them?

we did a reset and then got 3CX to do it, no manual setup :)

This issue is happening on our new 525 G2 models as well. I provision the phones from 3cx. I just watched my phone refresh voice components.

My phone that just refreshed still says elapsed Time 2 days and some minutes.

So when the phone does its refresh thing it does not reset that counter. Its not a full reboot. Just says refreshing voice components.

I also have phones I have provisioned from 3cx for the initial config, then go to the web interface of the phone and remove the provisioning URL. Both provisioned and phones with the URL do this random refresh.

no one seems to have a fix for this

I apologize, I know this is an old thread but I am having the same issue with SPA525G reboots for the voice.

Did anyone find a resolution for this?

Can it be avoided if you manually configure and do not use the provisioning?

Is it an issue for the SPA504G?

Thanks

I have this problem with 525's on latest firmware. I have found if you manually configure and disable provisioning on the phone they stop randomly rebooting. One thing I have been doing is provisioning the phones, then going back after they are configured and removing provisioning. You have to disable provisioning and not just remove the provisioning URL.

Thank you, I will give that a try.

One thing I have never had happen is the phone reboot while on a call. If anyone else has seen this please chime in. I am planning a new installation right now and hope to use provisioning on the 525's. If the phone reboots, but not while on a call they customer might can live with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.