Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA 5xx series DND Soft Key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jbryant84, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

One common complaint about these phones from clients is the right softkey under the screen is a DND key. It's easily hit, and the status for the extension will sometimes get stuck on in 3CX, where the phone doesn't show DND status on the screen, but the phone will not ring, and calls go to voicemail. I created a new template with the DND section omitted. The DND soft key is still there, and it doesn't change the status of the extension status in 3CX any longer (using *30 and *32 dial codes) but the phone will set itself to DND and ignore incoming calls. This seems to be an acceptable bandaid fix for the time being, because the DND status is very clearly shown on screen and doesn't affect 3CX in any way, but I really want to completely remove the DND option from the soft keys entirely. There is another key called Call Return that's the 5th softkey, accessible by pressing the right arrow from the main screen. Switching DND and Call Return would be acceptable, I just don't know how to do this in the XML template. Does anyone have any insight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.