• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA Line Keys for calling Outbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shieldwolf_0007

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a task to configure the Line Keys of Cisco SPA 508G and 504G for calling Outbound (International). Like when I press the Line Key 1, I'll be able to enter the number for Switzerland to call, Line Key 2 for Slovakia and Line Key 3 for Singapore. Is this possible? I've been researching this for 2 days but I couldn't find the exact answer. Thanks for any help.

Shieldwolf,

The line keys can be configured to perform a number of functions, but I am not certain that I follow your specific need.

In order to get international calling you typically need to:
1. Ensure that you provider has been made aware and allows the call to pass thru
2. Modify the 3CX system such that calls made to the countries of interest are on the allowed list.
3. Understand the needed dial strings to ensure that dial plans do not interfere with one another
4. Modify the outbound rules such that 3CX has a path to route the calls according to your needs

So, back to your question, we really need to get an understanding of what you want the buttons to do as they are not required to make international calls. If on the other hand, you have an office in each country and the desire is set up a speed dial button for each, then that is something the buttons do well.

Not sure if you mean you want to be able to dial the local number without the international prefix, or if you want to route the calls out via different providers for cost savings. But either way you would want to register different extensions per line key, and then use the outbound routes to direct those calls per extension, modifying the dial plan as needed. To do this, you would either need to manually configure the phone, or create custom template if provisioning multiple phones.

We have 3 working VOIP Provider (Switzerland, Slovakia and Singapore) configured by our Provider. Something like that Cobaltit, the call will be like a Local Call because our Singapore Provider will become the default Provider when calling any Phone or Cell phone # in Singapore. So when I press the Line Key 1, I'll be able to call our Client in Singapore without the International prefix. Can you give me some link on how to configure this on Cisco SPA 504G or 508G? Thanks for any help.

OK, as Cobalit indicated you can register the line key to be an account for each foreign provider desired such that when pressing that line key, you are connected directly to the country of interest and can then dial out without the need for all the international dialing, but be advised that this method eliminates the features of the PBX as the extension is connected, not the 3CX system. If you have multiple extensions, the provider may not allow multiple registrations using the same account.

The better way is to simply register each foreign VoIP provider as such on the 3CX system. Then using the dialing rules you could establish outbound routes for each. In this manner you might use 9 for the US, 8 for Slovakia, 7 for Singapore and 6 for Switzerland. The dial rule will route the call to the provider of interest and, at the same time, allow for the call to be completed as though each is a local call using the dial string conventions for that country.

In this manner, you need not sacrifice line keys, develop templates or customize dial plans, ring tones and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.