Cisco SPA phones now have admin password

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techmikeny, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techmikeny

We upgraded to 3CX version 12, then to SP1 a couple weeks ago. I hadn't had to log into the Cisco SPA phone interface for any reason, but wanted to check some things today and noticed there is now a login screen for the admin section. I never set any password for these phones.

As a test, I reset a phone to factory defaults. The password was removed.
    Then I inserted the new provision/profile rule, rebooted, then reprovisioned the phone and the admin password has returned.

I don't mind having the admin password, but what is the default password?

The message on the password popup shows "The server says spa admin" I obviously tried this as the user and password, but no luck.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi techmikeny,

Version 12 generates a user login password for the phones web page when provisioned, if you want to access the phone's web interface
    1. log in to the 3CX Management Console,
    2. open the 'Extensions' node and double click on the extension to edit it.
    3. then go to 'Phone Provisioning' tab and next to the 'Phone Web Page password' field press the button with *** to reveal the password. Note that password down you are going to need it in step 4.
    4. Open the phones web page. The username remains the same as the default one in the phones web page log in screen but use the password you noted in step 3 from the management console in the password field

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if this has solved your issues.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andy1205

Hi

I am trying to follow the instructions here (https://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/provisioning-a-remote-extension/) which says on the phone's web page:

"Click on Admin Logon > Advanced > Provisioning > Profile Rule and enter the following URL: "

As soon as I click on 'Admin Logon' a log on form appears. Neither my admin account nor the phones details access this page.

Please let me know how I can obtain the correct username and password to complete this task.

Thank you

4. n2

n2

Not much to go on such as knowing the make model of phone, if provisioned before, if new, etc.

In any event, assuming the phone may have been provisioned before, then you can find the password associated to the phone user interface in the provisioning tab. Otherwise your other choices are to see if the manufacturer has a default set of credentials (if new or never provisioned) or you may have to do a factory reset, in which case back to the default credentials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.