Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA Provisioning problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by diversified1, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diversified1

im not sure if anyone else is having this problem - but when i use the auto phone provisioning while creating an extension... the phone provisions correctly all but the BLF's

all i get is the same extension on every line.

Im using a brand new SPA 504g, tried both firmware 7.3.7 and 7.4.3.

any ideas?

domenick

2. eug

eug

I have this same problem. Why don't the BLFs I select under Extensions -> 1xx -> Phone Provisioning -> BLF get configured on the phone automatically? I have selected the correct model under Provisioning.

This happens with both v8 and v9 SP1.

3. activeserve

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. danoh

I wish it would work like you want. It would save a LOT of hassle.

For now, what I do is exit the provisioning template for the Cisco phone and at the bottom, before </flat-profile> you can add:

<Extension_7_ group="Phone/Line_Key_7">Disabled</Extension_7_>
    <Short_Name_7_ group="Phone/Line_Key_7">Dan</Short_Name_7_>
    <Share_Call_Appearance_7_ group="Phone/Line_Key_7">private</Share_Call_Appearance_7_>
    <Extended_Function_7_ group="Phone/Line_Key_7">fnc=blf+sd;sub=1002@$PROXY;nme=1002</Extended_Function_7_>

Where the 7's are the line key number on the phone.

You can edit the provisioning template and add anything that the Cisco phones understand to it, for a totally customized provision.

Like:
    <Default_Ring__1__ group="Ext_1/Call_Feature_Settings">5</Default_Ring__1__>
    <Default_Ring__2__ group="Ext_2/Call_Feature_Settings">5</Default_Ring__2__>
    <Default_Ring__3__ group="Ext_3/Call_Feature_Settings">5</Default_Ring__3__>
    <Default_Ring__4__ group="Ext_4/Call_Feature_Settings">5</Default_Ring__4__>

Hope it works for you!
    -Dan

5. casualmikey

Hi, I'm just getting into this on the tail end. So based on what i've read, multiple extensions cannot be provisioned automatically? If we want to have more than one extension on a phone (more than one blf configured), we have to manually do it?

I'm a new to this but just wanted confirmation before I go about the hassle of setting each and every phone up.

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Had you asked me in V8 I would have said no - you cannot provision multiple extns on the blf - you do the main one and then add the others in the web interface for the phone.

However you can adjust the templates if you want to.

And I have just noticed in v9 that my 2nd extension on my SPA942 is now showing in the 3cx blf (but i did provision it manually on the phone) so maybe you can now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. casualmikey

I tried to provision the additional extension on the phone last week with v. 9 but it did some weird things. I first created a main extension for the phone, then created two other extensions and then assigned those extensions as BLF's in the main extension's BLF list. It was weird because the phone would sometimes provision one extension over another then when I reset the phone to factory, it would provision with another extension. Very erratic behavior. It was then I decided to make the other extensions non-provisioned.

If it were to be provisioned, am I going about it the correct way? I'm using SPA-508G's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.