Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA112 and Polycom Conference Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TCF, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

I'm using a SPA112 adapter to hook our Polycom Phone into 3CX. In the past we could call someone on the Polycom, put the line on hold, call another person then merge the 2 calls. Does anyone know if this is possible, and if so how to do it?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume that the 112 uses the same star codes (flash + *XX) as the older Cisco/Linksys ATA's. I'm not sure that there is 3-Way calling as an option, but there should be Attended Transfer, which acts in the same manner until the originator hangs up, which, of course, would then transfer the call.

3. TCF

TCF

The SPA112 does support 3 way calling and attended transfer using Hook Flash Events. I was able to accomplish this using the Attended Transfer you mentioned, thank you.

For anybody looking to do this ... The SIP Adapter must be using the G711 Codec.

Attended Transfer.... Call Number Press FLASH , Call 2nd Number , Press FLASH to merge the calls into a 3 way call.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Sorry...it's has been a while since I've used the star codes in the Cisco/linksys ATAs. Regular Transfer (attended) was simply a flash event, it was Blind Transfer that utilized a star code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.