Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA122 ATA

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by NickStath, Feb 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickStath

Hello,

I have a Cisco SPA122 analog telephone adapter (ATA) that I would like to use to connect an older telephone to my 3CX system, is this a supported device? If it is supported, is there a place where I could get some configuration information to connect it to 3CX?

If the SPA122 is not supported, is there another ATA that would be supported for this type of application?

Thank you!

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi NickStath,

No, Cisco ATA's are un-supported and you would require to set this device up manually to 3CX if you wanted it to work.

Here are a list of current supported gateway products with 3CX:
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

If it is analogue handsets you are looking to connect then you want the devices marked FXS.

3. mixig

mixig Active Member

From Management console: FXS/DECT:
    Patton 2port FXS and 4port FXS GW
    Welltech 172plus-PoE and Wellgate-2424s FXS GW

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You can set it up...Just have to know what you're doing or learn.
    I'm using a $200 Dinstar with 4FXO and 4FXS. Fun to play with

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The SPA112, like previous version Cisco/Linksys/Sipura ATAs can be used with no problem, but, there is no auto provisioning available. First off, assign the device a static IP. Is it used on the same LAN as the 3CX server? If so, settings are pretty simple,,,User, Server address and Password, are the basics. make use of the 3CX Activity log to help troubleshoot if it doesn't register at first.

If you have issues, post back and I'll help you get it working. Screen shots of your settings will help, just X out anything security sensitive, although passwords won't show on the SPA settings.

Go to Google, and search for "SPA112 3CX", there are a number of posts.

I should add... if you put a URL in for the NTP server, and the 112 picks up the correct time, then you should be certain that the network setting (Gateway/DNS server) are all correct.

#5 leejor, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.