Cisco SPA122 rings out and in but no sound

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3CXNewbie, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3CXNewbie

Hi,

Most of our handsets are IP but we have some analogue handsets also with a Cisco SPA122. We are using IP within the office, and ISDN2e out. Some sites say you need to set the outbound proxy, but we are not using a voip provider.

The 2 analogue handsets are setup using default settings, and I can call them and 3CX does see them. If I dial the SPA122 menu, I get voice prompts. If I dial 3CX menu, no prompts. If I call 3CX Digital Receptionist, number keys transfer me.

In conclusion, everything works but sound :D

Thanks.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

These are located on a local LAN (same network as the 3CX PBX)?

They show as registered in 3CX?

Have they ever worked?

When there is no audio, it is usually a blocked port issue, but, if this is on a local LAN then I suspect that it is a CODEC incompatibility issue. Check to see that the 122 is set to use all available Codecs, when a call is set-up, the phone and the other end will negotiate which Codec to use. If the phone does not have any, on it's "list", then there will be no audio. The defaults on those ATA's should work. I'm familiar with the 2102 and other Linksys devices, haven't used the 122, but suspect the set-up is much the same, with some added "improvements".

It could also be a switch, or other device on your network that is blocking ports used for audio, but that is usually, not the case, without affecting other devices as well.

Check in the 3CX log for any error, or warnings, when calls are attempted by the 122.

Did you use auto provisioning?

You may want to reset to factory defaults, then manually provision, just the basics (extension number, server IP, password, etc.) for one line. See how that goes.

3. 3CXNewbie

Thanks leejor

The 122 is within the local network and 3CX does say the 2 analogue handsets are registered within extension status. Under phones, the MAC address for both analogue handsets say UNPROVISIONED and IP of phone 1 says 0.0.0.0:5060 and 0.0.0.0:5061 for phone 2.

These handsets have never had incoming sound but you can hear a dial tone and access CISCO menu. The outgoing sound seems OK though. I did use auto provisioning and changed settings like interdigit short and long timer. I have reset the settings, but still the same.

The log says [MS004000] C:20.1: (ACTIVE): Can't send RTP stream to 0.0.0.0:16442 destination unreachable

I have tried all 4 codecs available (although in the UK 2 are not compatible).

Thanks.

4. 3CXNewbie

All resolved now.

Surprisingly to me, although the SPA122 connects to the 3CX server, it needs to be connected via the WAN port not LAN port. After that, all fine.

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Any and all gateways with an integrated router should always be connected via the WAN port, additionally, make sure you set it to work in SWITCH mode and NOT router/nat mode.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.