Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA122

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mood66, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mood66

I leave in Egypt , have cisco SPA122 & analog line everything in 3cx work fine in my place but when I connect my analog line it keep line open and I think I can't make good configuration for analog line connected with SPA122 can any one help in this what should I do in 3cx and also in sp122 to make any one call me in analog line ring in ip phones also any one in network can make calls via analog line

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If I understand you correctly, it sounds as if you are plugging an analogue phone line into one of the sockets of the SPA122 and it is seizing the line. Understandable, as that is not what it was designed for. The 122 is to connect two telephones to a VoIP PBX or provider, it replaced the SPA-2102. To bring an analogue (PSTN) phone line into 3CX (as a trunk) you require a PSTN gateway, such as the FXO port of an SPA-3102.

3. mood66

Thanks Leejor
    I think you understand what I am talking about
    yes by mistake I buy SPA122 I should buy device with FXO , but after this with model SPA-2102 i can received all my traditional analog calls to 3CX and can talk this line through 3cx and make call via my ip phone

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you mean...If i purchase a SPA-3102 i will be able to receive all of my traditional analogue calls.....

Yes. The 3102 allows you to connect an analogue telephone line to 3CX as a trunk. From 3CX you can use the SPA-122 to connect two analogue phones (extensions) along with any number of VoIP phones. The SPA-3102 also has one FXS port to allow for an additional analogue telephone set (extension).

The SPA-2102 is simply an older version of what you already have.

5. mood66

great, thanks again for help and support and your time i buy
    Linksys SPA 3102 Voice Gateway Router VoIP
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Unlocked-Linksys-SPA-3102-Voice-Gateway-Router-VoIP-/180880369608?pt=US_VoIP_Phone_Adapters&hash=item2a1d4f67c8

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Read through this...

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/linksys-spa3102/

It says that it is not supported (any longer), but it works, I use several. it also says that the use of the FXO and FXS port at the same time is not supported, but, it works. There are also some suggested settings that may not work for your region. If you have any problems with the configuration, come back to the forum and I'll help you with it.

Get the FXO (PSTN) port working first, then, work on the FXS port.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.