Cisco SPA232D-G7 for PSTN to PBX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by noddy184, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noddy184

Just wondering if anyone has any comments , criticism or compliments in regards to using this device for putting calls to and from the the PSTN in to the 3CX Server.

I have been considering the SPA3102 but was wondering if this model would be better.

For my application, I have two PSTN/POTs phone lines I wish to connect to my (home use) 3CX box so calls can be made to and from the PSTN. So would need 2 units.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Haven't used it so I'm not speaking from experience. Skimming over the manual, it would appear to offer the same functions as the 3102 with the addition of a DECT base station for Cisco cordless handsets. I haven't checked on pricing but this would lead me to believe it is a bit more expensive. In any case, since you want to use two PSTN lines you will still need two 232D's or 3102's as they only handle one PSTN line each.

You may want to consider a four port gateway if pricing is favourable. The two additional ports may come in handy in the future.

3. noddy184

Have you got any recommendations for a 2 or 4 port gateway that is around the $160 mark?

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

http://www.dinstar.com/Product/Product_22.aspx?typeid=11

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You might find something, in that price range, if you do some serious shopping around and stumble on a clear-out or even a used unit. The regular prices seem to be just over $200 US for a two port, and between $230 to over $300, even $400, for a four port. Of course as the port count goes up, the cost per port drops. The 3102, at about $60 to $70US is still a good deal if you don't require all of the ports immediately. You also get an ATA port thrown in, per device.

With any gateway, check the features and compatibility with 3CX. Some multi-port routers work best when all trunks are in the same trunk group, and others can be split into multiple trunk groups without much problem. So how you plan on using the gateway may dictate which ones make the short-list.

Be sure to do your homework before making a final choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.