Cisco SPA302D

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by elytronic, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elytronic

Anybody have tried this with 3CX? Seems like an interesting choice for us but I am also very surprised that Cisco decided to release a DECT phone and not a Wifi one...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/ps10998/ps12776/data_sheet_c78-717757.html

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would assume that they steered away from a Wifi interface because of the excessive battery drain that has plagued Wifi handsets in the past, along with the fact that with DECT, they maintain (quality) control from the Ethernet socket right to your ear.

The price also seems to be less than Wifi handsets if you have more than one handset with one base unit. It also uses standard AA Nimh batteries. Base allows 11 sip accounts (Two per DECT handset) and one on the FXS port. Very interesting, I may have to spring for one.

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

I just installed one at a Dr office. Easy to configure and seems to work well. Has a good range. The ringer does not get very loud if I had one complaint that would be it. I can't comment on battery life but the customer has not complained.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.