Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA3102 Replacement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cdfosburg, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdfosburg

Hello,

Seems the 3102 is hard to come by at a decent price. Also, it appears to be discontinued. I need two devices for faxing needs for 3CX version 12.

Anyone know what device superceeds the 3102 and still works as well with 3CX?

Thanks,

Chris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It depends on where you are located. I just had a look on Amazon.com, and there are still 3102's listed for sale. Prices do vary greatly depending on provider. There also appear to be some other 1 FXS/1 FXO devices, but I can't vouch for compatibility with 3CX. Some other forum member may be able to shed more light on that.

Keep in mind that even the 3102 is no longer "officially " supported.

3. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi,

check out http://shop.it-communicationsltd.co.uk/voip-gateways/cisco-spa122-analog-adapter-ata-with-router.html this will do the job. Can do two faxes with one box :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I wouldn't purchase the SPA3102 it is a very old device and somewhat flaky. It has long been discontinued.

These are the officially supported adapters: http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

Also works well with 3CX and formerly officially supported adapters still readily available are HT701, HT702 and HT704. SPA112 and SPA122. I have used all with 3CX at several customers for Faxing over T.38 voip trunks. Preference is on the HT models.

The Wellgate 172Plus-POE looks pretty neat and is officially supported with 3CX. I like that it can be POE powered which simplifies wiring at customers with readily available POE outlets.

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/welltech-wellgate-ata172plus/

Unfortunately for us our local suppliers don't sell the Wellgate and Beronet products (including the 3CX distributor for Canada). As such I have no experience with it but if 3CX recommends it, you can bet it is well tested.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cdfosburg

We tried some of the Patton that were supported by 3CX and we had multiple issues, which is why we started to use the 3102 to connect to t.38 fax machines. They have been spot on based on the way they are setup, which ironically is documentation from 3CX.

The SPA122 looks like a winner, ordered one from Amazon (We are in the US, but thank you for the link). Setup looks straight forward.

6. cdfosburg

I did think of a question for those using the SPA122. Is there a specific firmware that you are sticking with, or would the most recent do?

I know with 3102 3CX wanted 5.1.10 GW I think.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I had assumed that you were looking for a device with both an FXO and FXS port. The "older" device with two FXS ports was the SPA2102, and can still be found. It's replacement is the SPA122.

I have used a number of the 3102s (still do),and have never had one fail, or had any issues with them. For a device with both FXS and FXO, they are extremely flexible, and offer features beyond most what most people will use. It is unfortunate that Cisco has not seen fit to come out with a direct replacement.

8. complex1

complex1 Active Member

I also have a number of 3102’s connected to different 3CX PBX’s all running with f/w 5.2.13 and, just like leejor, never had issues with them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.