• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

cisco spa501g and voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

muteddisk

Reaction score
hi,

I have this cisco spa501g that used to work with the voicemail but I factory reset the phone and now when I call voicemail it's like a big blank. the phone is offhook and light is red showing the line is up but no sounds. I can make and receive call from it. when i check the logs on the server....it doesn't show the phone calling vmail

i change the voicemail to ext 800

thanks

Hello @muteddisk

When you say you dial the voicemail number, are you dialling 800 or pressing the button on the phone? Have restarted the services after you changed the voicemail extension? Also have you re-provisioned the phone after the voicemail extension change?

@YiannisH_3CX

At this point i tried both ;) Yeah restarted the machine. The changes were made before the phone got connected.
Yesterday it was working but I couldn't get my SNOM phone to send proper DTMF. Since this is a new install, I decided to scrap it and re-install the server from scratch. By removing some of the codecs I was able to get them to send the codes properly. I had to change the network from a class C to a class A. My customer is expanding and a class A would be better for routing. So I factory reset the phone since it's easier to pick up the phone using DHCP instead of playing with my network config....but now I'm stuck with that cisco phone....my SNOM don't do that and were connected first....

hope that helps

Thank you for the update, i just tried the same with a cisco SPA508 changed the voicemail to 800 and re-provisioned. Both option work when i try to call voicemail. I have it provisioned as a local phone with default template and 7.6.1 firmware.
Download the config file from a browser and see if the config is updated with your changes.
http://local.ip:5000/provisioning/<ProvSubDir>/macaddress.xml
Can you call other system extensions like *777?

Thank you for the update, i just tried the same with a cisco SPA508 changed the voicemail to 800 and re-provisioned. Both option work when i try to call voicemail. I have it provisioned as a local phone with default template and 7.6.1 firmware.
Download the config file from a browser and see if the config is updated with your changes.
http://local.ip:5000/provisioning/<ProvSubDir>/macaddress.xml
Can you call other system extensions like *777?

@YiannisH_3CX yeah I can call any phone extension. I don't have access to those phones right now. I'll let you know next week thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.