Cisco SPA502G 7.5.3 Random Reboot

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by johnmichael, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnmichael

Hi all, i would like to ask some help on a certain phones on our office where it is randomly rebooting.

Almost 2 months ago we replace our 3cx server V8 to new 3cx server V11. So far everything works fine except for few phones that were randomly rebooting. Here is one of the scenario:

-> 2 x Cisco SPA502G 7.5.3, configured exactly the same, suppose to resync at 2:00 am, and both are connected on the same network
    -> 1 of them is randomly rebooting and the other is not
    -> on the Server Log, i noticed this message on the phone that is rebooting
    1/15/2013 11:37:10 AM Information 4101 Extension 1710 is registered, contact: ...
    1/15/2013 11:34:16 AM Information 4101 Extension 1710 is unregistered, removed contact:...

Is there any reason why this thing is happening? Does it resync? Or there is more?

Any help/suggestion would be appreciated, TIA.

2. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Hi John
    This message doesn't really give many clues as to why the phone is re-booting, but simply tells you that it has i.e. the reboot cycle will cause a loss and re-gain of registration between the phone and the 3CX.

I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue ... Are you using Power-over-Ethernet [PoE] from the network switch to power these phones?? If so, I'd check the patch cables and/or network connection points that these phones are using - AND - I'd purchase a PA100 PSU plug-pack for the phone and power one of the phones that re-boots separately - then see if it still does it. We've installed a lot of Linksys & Cisco SPA phones, and the only time I've seen the type of fault you describe, is due to a cable problem.

If you were getting network connection issues, I'd expect to see the 'Mute' button lighting up red and LCD messages indicating problems, but this sounds like power issues ...

I hope that's helpful ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inteq

First thing: upgrade to 7.5.4, the latest version from Cisco
    Second, in EXT1 enable Debug Server and point it to your local debug server or at least setup a SysLog server and set it in EXT1 tab
    You will be able to see all logs from your phone in the SysLog server and maybe point you in the right direction as to why it is rebooting.

All the best

4. johnmichael

Hi guys, been busy for a week now trying to fix the error. Here are some updates as to what i have done so far.

@3CXfoxhallsolutions: thanks for the reply. Yes we're using PoE switch but it was not rebooting before we upgrade to 3cx v11 and i even replace the switch now, still. "Mute" button is not red too.

@inteq: thanks for the reply. I did update the firmware to 7.5.4 but it is still rebooting. I'll try the second suggestion you've mentioned.

I thoroughly check the Server Event Log inside 3CX and noticed that all our SPA502G is rebooting almost every hour. What i also found out is that somehow all these SPA502G is rebooting in sequence. Here's a sample log i found out:

5:54:15 PM Information 4101 ext1 is unregistered...
    5:57:06 PM Information 4101 ext1 is registered...
    6:03:01 PM Information 4101 ext2 is unregistered...
    6:05:59 PM Information 4101 ext2 is registered...
    6:57:06 PM Information 4101 ext1 is unregistered...
    6:59:58 PM Information 4101 ext1 is registered...
    and the cycle continuously populate the log. All those extXX are the same SPA502G phone. There are other possible problem i noticed but i'll do it on different post.

If you guys have any other suggestions or fix, please post here.

And i really appreciate and thanking all the people who reply and read this post.

5. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

Try turning off the 'Provision Enable' (set it to 'No') at the top of the 'Provisioning' page. This may show that the reboots are as a result of a provisioning cycle. Not a cure I know - but if doing this stops the reboot, it could give an idea as to where the problem is ...

Best regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. johnmichael

@3CXfoxhallsolutions, thanks for the reply, unfortunately i've already done what you've suggested but it is still the same :(

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As a test- Manually force one of the phones back to a factory default state. Then using the 3CX blogs, manually configure the phone to an extension, but do not input the provisioning paths for configs or for firmware and make certain that the it is also set to disable automatic provisioning and firmware updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.