Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA502G off hook time out

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by btb128, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btb128

I have a Cisco SPA502G IP Phone. When I take the phone off the hook I hear the dial tone for about 4 seconds then it says "invalid number". Is this a setting that can be changed on the phone or 3CX server? I would think it is a setting on the phone since the 3cx voip phone does not do it.

2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Something is wonky with your settings. Easiest thing to do is a factory reset on the phone and reprovision it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. btb128

I figured it out. The SPA502G default dial time is very short. You can change it by logging into the web interface. Click Admin login and advanced. Go to the Regional tab and change the Interdigit Short Timer to a higher number. I changed mine to 8 seconds. Now when you take the phone off the hook it will wait 8 seconds with a dial tone before saying Invalid Number.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One of the first settings I change on any Linksys device is the Interdigit Short Timer, I find 10 seconds is about right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.