Cisco SPA502G randomly reboots

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tkirke, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkirke

We are using Cisco SPA502Gs and have noticed that the phones occasionally reboot or go offline.

Looking through the 3CX phone log, I can see that we get several re-registrations of random extensions through the day and night.

We have also got the Cicsos running wirelessly using the Cisco Wireless-G Ethernet Bridge.

2. bbusino

We have a phone that does the exact same thing. I haven't had time to look into it but I wonder if its a defect or some provisioning thing. All phones were provisioned the exact same way though...

3. tkirke

All our phones were provisioned in the same way through 3CX. It is completely random wihch phone will do it and when. In some cases, we have a phone that can make outgoing calls, but can't receive calls. I assume that this is because the server has lost the registration.

4. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Kindly follow guidelines described in http://www.3cx.com/forums/forum-rules-read-to-get-answers-93.html
    In case if PBX doesn't deliver (or cannot deliver) call to specific extension, PBX log contains description of reasons.

About "reboot": PBX has no chance to reboot phone(except the case if you explicitly reboot it from management console). May it be the crash of phone software?
    Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tkirke

I've reduced the registration interval on the phones to 300 seconds rather than the default 900 and this appears to have cured the problem - no re-registrations since yesterday lunchtime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.