CISCO SPA504 EXTERNAL 3CX EXTENSIONS HANGS DIALLING OUT

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eprivatehire, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eprivatehire

We have 8 Cisco SPA504 extensions externally from the 3CX server but when we try to dial out the phone hangs and we have to reboot. When we dial out from 3CX MyPhone it pushes to the extension and dials perfectly?

Thanks in advance

Simon Gare

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Simon,
    in order to get a better response it may help to replicate the issue and post the server activity calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eprivatehire

I don't think it gets that far, when you dial on the phone and click dial it hangs so no server activity but when dialling through MyPhone desktop it works perfectly. Its not limited to a single extension it seems to be all of them so must be a port issue maybe?

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Interesting.

Should not be a port issue associated to MyPhone as MyPhone only uses port 5000, which really has nothing to do with any of the ports or mechanisms needed to make /receive a call. I assume the remote extensions show as registered in 3cx and if so, there may be some activity in the log that might be useful. The phone may appear as stalled, but it may be waiting on a response that never comes. If possible, please check the logs just to be certain.

What version 3cx and running on what OS, 32 or 64 bits?
    Fixed public IP? Is stun enabled on the phones or 3cx?
    Can a call to one of the external applications from an internal extension be completed?
    Are the extensions enabled for use outside the LAN?
    Are you using or plan to use the tunnel?

I think you are correct about it being firewall related (ports). Are all remote locations using the same make/model? If so, please provide details?

5. jpillow

I'd have to agree with ineblett as if it where a port issue the call wouldnt go through using myphone either. Do you have the most updated firmware on the handsets? How are the extensions configured, just as a remote extension or in conjunction with some type of vpn?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. eprivatehire

Thanks for all the responses, I have updated firmware for all phones to latest version and will post the results.

If this doesn't work it will have be 3CX Proxy Server or 3CX Bridge mode as next steps, anyone had experience with either of these?

7. mixig

mixig Active Member

I tried both of them, for bridge you must have 3cx on each side, so your cisco phones will be registered locally on their side 3cx, and with sip proxy manager it will be only one 3cx server (the remote side), two different setups... 3cx sip proxy manager is for free.... on the other side you will need one more 3cx server

8. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

A bridge does not seem to be applicable in your case. The sip proxy will likely do the trick, but avoids addressing the issue regarding why a hard phone only works properly when used in conjunction with MyPhone. There must be info missing that helps us find the root issue, but if time is of the essence, then use the proxy.

9. jpillow

when you provision the phone in the etxtensions management are you making sure to open the ports on the router at the remote location that the 3cx will send traffic over? I have a similar problem right now only the issue was transfered calls over the WAN, but no issues dialing out at all. Since the phone does need a reboot be sure to update the firmware if you havent already.

10. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

We use Draytek routers & I don't know if this issue is unique to them, but ... We have found that sometimes we need to put each of the remote extensions on a different port number i.e. first phone is using 5060, second using 5061, third using 5062 etc. This way the router's not trying to figure out which port 5060 traffic is for which LAN IP address.

May be worth a try ...

11. mixig

mixig Active Member

Same thing with Mikrotik

12. jpillow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.