Cisco SPA504 & SPA500S Call Transferring

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joshhough, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshhough

Hi,

I've got a client who we've fitted 7x SPA504g's with expansion boards for and they want to use the boards for transferring calls. When you're on a call with the cisco phone you get the xfer button at the bottom, i had assumed pressing that followed by one of the keys on the attendant console would enable you to transfer calls to that number however it doesnt. Do i need to change something in the configuration? Obviously by default the attendant console uses line 1 on the phone - which is the first to receive the calls.

Thanks,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

There may be two methods by which you can transfer using the sidecar:

You may be able to use the provisioning templates within 3cx although you may need to experiment somewhat to see which key in the template correlates to which key on the side car. My guess is that you will likely want to program as a BLF so that not only will it act as a speed dial, but can also monitor and pick up a call if need be.

The second way is to use the phone's web interface and manually provision the phone. You will need to obtain a copy of the spa phone admin guide/manual, readily available off the web, which will explain how to set up the phone and sidecars with a number of features to include speed dial, blf, et al.

Just keep in mind that if you do manual or auto, to stay that way lest you accidentally overwrite your manual settings by auto provisioning.

3. joshhough

Hi,

Thanks for your comment - i already have the sidecar programmed successfully for speedials and BLF's, the problem i have is then if i have a call coming in, press XFER followed by the relevant button on the sidecar, it cuts off the incoming call.

Thanks,

Josh

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I do not have a sidecar.

However, I manually provisioned a line key to be a blf:

Disabled
    private
    fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=200@192.168.0.11:5060;nme=200

Placed a call into the DR and selected extension 100, and then used blxfr (blind transfer) softkey and hit the key that I setup with the above function and hung up and the transfer went through fine to ext 200.

Not sure if the helps, but thought I would throw it out there.

5. joshhough

Ah! That might be the problem... well, one 3 letter part!

Reading the Cisco guide, you should define the VID (line key) youd like to to use. So my code looks like this (albeit this is for transferring to an external number) fnc=sd;usr=07704XXXXXX@$PROXY;nme=Josh;vid=1 - i'll give it a go removing the VID part and see if that works!

Simple things. Thanks for your help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.