Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA504G Firmware

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Hi all,

Which version of firmware should I be running on my SPA504G? I'm having some issues with CTI on the 3cx phone with it and want to eliminate firmware as an issue.

Thanks

Andrew.

2. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

Hi,

You should be on Firmware Version 7.5.5

Please note that CTI functionality on Cisco phones is slightly less than other supported phones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. asmith3006

Thank you.

Can you elaborate on the limitations? Or point me in the direction of a document please?

Thanks

4. 3CXNP

3CXNP Support Team
    3CX Support

When in a call with Cisco Phones in CTI:

Transfer and Conference are enabled.

When in a call with Yealink Phones in CTI:

Hold, Transfer, Mute, Speaker and Conference are enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. asmith3006

OK, thank you.

I'm also seeing a difference when you make a call from CTI (it dials a call from the PBX rather than the phone) and you can't answer the phone from CTI. Is this normal?

6. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi there,

When you start a call using “MakeCall” the desktop IP phone will be called from the 3CX Phone System and on the phone’s display you will see “MakeCall” . After you pick up the handset the call will be placed on hold and a call to the destination is made from the 3CX Phone System. Once the receiving end answers the call, music on hold will stop and the call will connect to the callee. You can find further information regarding CTI and make call in the admin manual: http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual12.pdf

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.