Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA504g Provisioning Issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jgibbons3, May 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgibbons3

I am attempting a trial of 3CX and have installed version 14.3 on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit machine. I have followed the steps for both DHCP option 66 provisioning as well as manual configuration and I can not get my phones provisioned. It appears there are some slight changes in the latest version that do not match up with the provisioning documentation for legacy phones.

I have performed a factory reset to my phone and upgraded the firmware to 7.6.1 The Admin login is unlocked

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jgibbons3

I have tried that (http://FQDN:pORT/provisioning/PROVSUBDIR/$MA.xml) along with using the specific macaddress.xml that someone suggested in a previous post that I saw. I have also verified that my FQDN is resolving internally correctly, and I have tried using the IP address instead of FQDN.

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Did you replace PROVSUBDIR by the actual provisioning random subdirectory? if not please do so, the sample URL can be seen in System status, bullet 5.
    Also the $MA must remain as $MA, it gets dynamically replaced by phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jgibbons3

ok, when I changed to http I didn't get the correct port -- thanks for the help.

I am able to receive incoming calls, however when I attempt to dial outgoing calls I get either an invalid number or temporarily unavailable message. Any ideas?

thanks again for the help.

6. jgibbons3

the error msg within the event log is:
    "Call or Registration to 93839961@(Ln.10000@Vitelity) has failed. [ V4 64.2.142.87:5060 UDP target domain=unspecified mFlowKey=984 ] replied: 484 Address Incomplete; from IP:64.2.142.87:5060"

Any ideas?

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

OK, perhaps, one of two things...93839961, is not a "complete number", or, (Ln.10000@Vitelity), requires a "dot something" after Vitality in your trunk provider data fill.

8. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree, but start simple, can you call other extensions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.