• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

CISCO SPA504G Verizon ActionTec Modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

datacommamerica

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

We are trying to make Cisco SPA504G work with Verizon ActionTec Modem. Phone is not getting registered with 3cx. We will appreciate any help. We will also appreicate if somebody can let us know what ports needs to open.

Thanks

Arif

Is it a combination modem/router? Have you set up the port forwarding in the router as per the 3CX manual? Do you have the phone set to use SIP and not SPCP, it looks like they support both.

Thanks for reply. I was able to make it work but now I can call from Cisco Phone to Dialer but when I call from Dialer to Phone its not ringing.

Thanks

Arif

Arif,

Have you tried using the 3CX SIP Proxy Manager? It will save you a lot of trouble.

Thanks Matthew. We are very new to 3CX. We are trying to learn all the features. I will appreciate any input.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Arif

Thanks Matthew. Here what we want to do. We want one Cisco SPA504G phone here in US office and two CISCO SPA3102 in our office in India. For runing proxy manager we need another PC to run that. For runing Proxy Manager, seems like we have to add more hardware in office here in US. I will appreciate any input.

Thanks

Arif

Matthew,

Right now we are testing this in our office here in US. We are runing ActionTec verizon modem.

Phone to softphone - We can Call

softphone to phone - we cannot call

When we call from softphone to phone, server activity shows that extention getting called but no ring on phone.

If you are not using the proxy manager it is most likely that the calls are getting "confused" as to where to go, as they may be routing to a local IP vice the proper WAN IP.

Why don't you set your system to verbose and provide a log sample? I will take a look.

Where is the 3CX server located?

Make sure that the Cisco SPA504G has a unique port number, NOT the same as any other SIP (or otherwise) device on the same LAN. If you had two sets, for example make one 5060 and the second 5061. Make sure that you have STUN enabled on the set, or any "remote" set, for that matter.

This is all assuming that 3CX is not running on the same network as the SPA504G

Thanks everybody. By using Stun information all works fine.

Thanks again.

Arif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.