Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA508G - rings when in a call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by isma, Aug 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isma

Hi, I was wondering if it's possible for the phone not to ring when you're already on a call.

The beeping sound when a new call comes if quite aggrovating when you'Re trying to understand someone talking.

Thanks

Francois

2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

You can change the settings in extension status-->forwarding rules--> if phone is busy--> I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jpillow

You can change the settings in extension status-->forwarding rules--> if phone is busy--> I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

There should be a way to keep "more than 1 call" and change the beep to maybe just a flashing line key.
    I like having the ability for a second call to come in... Check your phone template or the web GUI.
    I can ask someone to hold on a sec while I take the other call and give them brief information or tell them I'll call them back in a couple minutes.

5. jpillow

HAve you checked in the WEB GUI under lines as of yet? What was your resolution for this issue?

6. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

We have this problem with SPA504G's - and change the 'Call Waiting:' progress tone volume level.

Log onto the phone's web GUI with full 'Admin' and 'Advanced' rights.
    Go to the 'Regional' tab, and at the top in the 'Call Progress Tone' section, you'll see an entry for 'Call Waiting Tone:'
    We change this entry to ... 440@-30;30(.3/9.7/1) ... i.e. we change the tone volume from -10dB to -30dB which leaves it there but makes it a whole lot less intrusive! If that's too quiet, change it to -20 ...

We have included this change in the provisioning template for the phones for deployment on install ...

best regards
    Graham Hill
    Foxhall Solutions

7. ClayGoss

3CXfoxhallsolutions,

I know this post is old, but where in the template did you put it?

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.