• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cisco SPA508G - rings when in a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

isma

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if it's possible for the phone not to ring when you're already on a call.

The beeping sound when a new call comes if quite aggrovating when you'Re trying to understand someone talking.

Thanks

Francois

You can change the settings in extension status-->forwarding rules--> if phone is busy--> I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time.

You can change the settings in extension status-->forwarding rules--> if phone is busy--> I want to be able to accept more than one call at the same time.

There should be a way to keep "more than 1 call" and change the beep to maybe just a flashing line key.
I like having the ability for a second call to come in... Check your phone template or the web GUI.
I can ask someone to hold on a sec while I take the other call and give them brief information or tell them I'll call them back in a couple minutes.

HAve you checked in the WEB GUI under lines as of yet? What was your resolution for this issue?

We have this problem with SPA504G's - and change the 'Call Waiting:' progress tone volume level.

Log onto the phone's web GUI with full 'Admin' and 'Advanced' rights.
Go to the 'Regional' tab, and at the top in the 'Call Progress Tone' section, you'll see an entry for 'Call Waiting Tone:'
We change this entry to ... 440@-30;30(.3/9.7/1) ... i.e. we change the tone volume from -10dB to -30dB which leaves it there but makes it a whole lot less intrusive! If that's too quiet, change it to -20 ...

We have included this change in the provisioning template for the phones for deployment on install ...

best regards
Graham Hill
Foxhall Solutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions,

I know this post is old, but where in the template did you put it?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.