Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco SPA525G/G2 Provisioning with 3CX 15.5 Cloud Hosted

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by boomschtick, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boomschtick

Hello,

I'm not having any luck getting the SPA525G2 to provision. I currently have my PBX hosted in a VPS. Everything is working well with the soft phones and Yealink phones.

I've followed all the guides on 3cx's website about provisioning these phones, but I'm wondering if it is not possible since it does not support STUN.

When i try pasting the provisioning URL into the Profile Rule in the web GUI, the phone will reboot with the HTTPS path, but does not provision. The phone does absolutely nothing if I use the HTTP path.

Will the SPA525G only work behind an SBC? Thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

From the doc at: https://www.3cx.com/Sip-Phones/Cisco-SPA/

Limitations
    Known limitations of Cisco SPA 302, 303, 501G, 502G, 504G, 508G, 509G, 512G, 514G, 525G, 525G2 are:

• No PnP Support
    • No STUN Support
    • No SBC Support
    • No Full CTI Support (Make Call Only)
    • BLF Functionality (only on applicable models)
    • Company Phone Book with limited size only
    • Manual DST Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. boomschtick

Ugh! These phones are useless with anything but a local install. No STUN or SBC?

Vonage is able to use them as remote extensions, why can't 3cx?

#3 boomschtick, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.