Cisco SPA525G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lsi, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsi

lsi

All of our phone installs are in individual homes. Everyone within our company is using the exact same router (Netgear N600) and the exact same phone (Cisco SPA 525G).

The biggest issue I'm having right now is the phone is able to call other 3CX extensions just fine, but if I try to call an outside line, I do not hear ringing and I never hear anything the other side has to say. They can hear me just fine.

The phone appears to be setup properly. For instance, we have the 32 button attendant console attached and we can see when other extensions are on the line. The voice mail notification is working properly, etc.

I believe everything we've done is proper -- could this be an open port issue?

Thanks much!

2. lsi

lsi

BTW, I should mention that I'm MORE than happy to pay for some actual phone support. I've purchased the 3CX phone support offering, as the company we purchased 3CX from could not offer technical support -- but I've been unable to get through to 3CX phone support the dozen times or so I've tried. I did leave a voicemail finally today, but my concern is I won't be near the problem when I finally get a call back.

So if your company provides live support and is looking for a new client, please contact me!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds like an issue with the VoIP trunk or Gateway (blocked port(s)). Do you have a set located at the same location (LAN) as 3CX to test with? Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" setting on each extension to see if that makes any difference. Have you run the 3CX Firewall checker?

Is this a new install? Did outside calls work previously?

4. lsi

lsi

> Do you have a set located at the same location (LAN) as 3CX to test with?

No. Our servers are located in Dallas, TX in a Colo facility. Our employees are spread out all over the country.

> Have you tried changing the "PBX delivers audio" setting on each extension to see if that makes any difference.

I want to say "yes" to this, but I'm not 100%. I'll give this a try.

> Have you run the 3CX Firewall checker?

Yep, many times. No issues on the server end.

> Is this a new install?

Nope -- installed since last March.

> Did outside calls work previously?

They still do -- just not with this new phone. We have a few employees that use ATA's with no problems. We have a few employees that use soft phones with no problems. I have setup the 525G successfully in my own house with no issues, but as I started deploying this, I immediately ran into problems with two other employees (that always seem to have problems, no matter what).

I am about to give up on phones completely and go back to smoke signals. For years we used Vonage and even though it had many problems, it did work. We couldn't transfer calls, and the caller id was always screwed up, but we could make and receive calls. As we've grown, we've try to go with a better system, and at this point, I'd be happy to go with a third party hosting if I could get it to work with the phones we've already invested so much into. I just want a system that works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.