• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

cisco spa525g

Status
Not open for further replies.

edujim

Reaction score
Got another one for you guys...Noob question.

Installed 3cx system, all areas of it are working (except my inbound and outbound to pstn, this is a different story and topic which i created)

firmware version 7.4.9a.

I setup extension(s) on 3cx, Auto provisioned phones.. worked like a charm! Everything seems perfect on the phone.
Followed http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/Cisco-SPA.html

BUT

Question is... Why is my line (106) showing up on all 5 buttons? Do i need to mess with the provisioning template or the actual phone admin page?

Thanks,
EJ

By the 3cx template design, if you do not set any BLF or other function on that extension, all 5 buttons will become the line button. You can easily change that using the phone admin page. Login to the phone admin page, click on Admin login, click on Advanced, Select the "Phone" tab and you will see Line Key 1 to 5 listed on the page. Just disable the Line you dont want to show as line button and click on submit all changes. That will do it.

I went ahead and applied the changes your recommended on the phone web administration. IT worked temporarily but as soon as the phone rebooted it got auto-provisioned again. (all lines re-appeared)

The line parameters are predefined by default provisioning template. If you manually make changes to the phone using the WEB interface, it will overwrite the changes using the default provisioning template when the phone re-syncs. A better solution would be to create your own provisioning template (using a renamed/copy of the default template) and manually modify the settings for your Cisco. You can also modify the default provisioning template, but 3CX overwrite it with the default template if you ever backup and/or restore.

We had this problem with two of our customers. Only with the Cisco 525g2 and all the 500 series of phones. Apparently you need to make sure there are no voice mail messages in the 3cx. We set the setting to email a copy of the VM and the remove from the 3cx. If there is even one VM in the users 3cx VM the phone will continue to refresh. This issue needs to be fixed by 3cx. Until this is done I would not buy or recommend ANY Cisco 500 series phones. Use the Yealink's

globalcomm said:
We had this problem with two of our customers. Only with the Cisco 525g2 and all the 500 series of phones. Apparently you need to make sure there are no voice mail messages in the 3cx. We set the setting to email a copy of the VM and the remove from the 3cx. If there is even one VM in the users 3cx VM the phone will continue to refresh. This issue needs to be fixed by 3cx. Until this is done I would not buy or recommend ANY Cisco 500 series phones. Use the Yealink's

I am not sure you found problem. From what I understand 3CX will re-provision the phones every few hours (or days) so any settings that are part of the provision template will be changed. As mentioned above the line parameters are part of the provision template so you should only edit/change them through the template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.