Cisco SPA525G2 - Multiple Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mstringer, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mstringer

Hi All,

I'm trying to provision a number of SPA525G2 phones that we have just purchased. The SPA525G2 is a 5 line phone and what I need to be able to do is present two _different_ extensions to Line 1 and Line 2.

The default phone template, for some reason, sets up Lines 1 to 3 with the provisioned extension. I can use lines 4 and 5 for BLF.

3CX support told me to provision using the web interface of the phone, but I'd like to retain full integration with the phone system to enable reprovisioning and a central configuration point and not have a bunch of phones with their own config that needs to be manually maintained.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up a custom template for doing this?

Thanks,

Matthew

2. willow

willow Member

you would need to copy the existing template, then make a new one with the settings that you need. you will also need to create a new phone and assign the new template to the new phone. it may get a little confusing if you are trying to have template for each phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mstringer

Jeremy,

Thanks for your quick response.

I guess what I am trying to get down to is what configuration section do I edit / add to enable the 2nd extension in the custom template? I've cloned the original template already to give me a scratch pad to test with.

I am used to extensive work with Cisco's Unified Call Manager solution which enable all this through its GUI interface, not quite used to this editing of XML files to get what you neeed approach.

Kind regards

Matthew

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Idea:
    You should copy the existing template and multiply it to have separate templates for Line1, Line2, ...
    In each of this templates you modify the settings for each line. I did similar exercise for SPA-8000 (8 FXS lines).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.