Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mickmarrs, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickmarrs

Wow, it took me about a day to install 3cx, with 2 users and 1 SIP trunk. Actually I got it done faster but spent extra time trying to optimize and familiarizing myself with the free version of 3CX.

A couple of weeks back I was asked to install CUCM 6.1 in our lab for evaluation. Since I have no experience in CUCM I have to read a half dozen documents, one of which is the admin guide which has over 700 pages !!!!!!!

I assume CUCM is a powerful system since it can support up to 30K users per cluster, but my gawd its a dog to configure and I wonder how many small enterprises really need a CUCM?

Well enough ranting, I'm on page 150 of CUCM admin guide <sigh>

2. alicic

alicic New Member

I just installed CUM 6.1. It is not that much difficult. One has to lear about it, but it is a powerfull tool and it is worthy of learning it, since Cisco is dominating in VoIP with its solutions.

regards,

3. Hoover87

For a small enterprise Unified Communications Manager Express (CME) or UC500 series would be a better fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.