Cisco WIP310 v2 SIP phone issues.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mattmiddleton, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattmiddleton

Hi All,
    I've purchased one of the above phones for use with my 3CX system and although in general it works ok - couple of things, if anyone knows any answers!

1. The phone says Registering on the screen every few seconds, nothing in the PBX log, more like a handset problem - anyone come across this or a fix?

2. 3CX Phone directoty does not appear in the handset.

3. It will drop incoming calls afer a couple of rings, not always but it's a little annoying!!

I have a feeling that these all may related to the hardware itself as the other phones I use (Cisco SPA-504G's) all work perfectly.

Any comments or help appreciated.
    Thanks
    Matt

2. broadbandcti

We picked up one of those earlier in the year to evaluate, thought they could be especially useful in warehouse applications.

Unfortunately the phone pretty much turned out to be a piece of junk. Has issues with losing it's registration and reconnecting APs. It seems to be related to power management. you keep it in the cradle and it's all good, but when it's not connected to a power source the wheels fall off.

I came across a thread on cisco's website where some customers were having a dialog with a support guy who had a line of communication to teh developers, and he was taking feedback...but a fix never came and the discussion kinda died. Leads me to think perhaps cisco is abandoning the phone, I dunno.

3. rovinge

Matt,

I have a couple of these phones; the issues you describe are familiar, I must say.

1. Registering messages are one of the phones' nightmares. Try to get hold of beta firmware 5.0.12 and upgrade the phones with this. Instead of a daily register error, I may now get those messages just ones a week.....

2. Central web based phone directory only seems to work in conjunction with Cisco Call Manager. I have tried similar approaches like with Cisco SPA 525g phones, but with no success...

3. Dropping calls happen to me often, but normally happen only on incoming calls, and after 40 to 60 seconds into the conversation. Have not found the solution for this...Outgoing calls are no problems whatsoever...

I hope Cisco will release an updated firmware (if ever), although with the latest official version being from 2009 I am afraid they may have abandoned support for this phone. Strange it is still sold though different channels though...

WLAN reception of these phones is poor, at least worse than other WLAN phones (such as the SPA525G). I have noticed the phones are performing somewhat better since I configured my Access Points (Ruckus Zoneflex) to broadcast 802.11g only (and not mixed b & g).

Other than that, I have tried every suggestion I could find on the Internet. Most information, backgrounds and suggested fixes you can find on the Cisco support community.

I am keen if anyone else has further suggestions on the problems described.

Roel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.