Clarification of Feature - BLF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jake330, Aug 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jake330

Hi,

My license shows I have a "3CX Phone System Standard" license, and from what I can see, BLF's are a feature for this plan.

Background - I have 3CX installed on a Digital Ocean Droplet. I can add extensions and can make test calls. Two remote phones in a home office (Yealink T48G) and 5 remote phones (Yealink). All phones have their own extensions. Currently, I am in the home office testing the two phones. I have

If the BLF feature is enabled, does should the presence state of extensions configured in those BLF work as well? For example, the BLF for ext 106 shows as green. However, even when in use, is also green. Or, if my extension is placed in DND, the BLF for my extension stays green.

Is this a separate function apart from the BLF feature? Is it possible to get the presence status to display?

Thank you in advance.
    Jason W.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Do you have free 3cx license ? If so Blf keys do not work

3. jake330

Yes I do. I think (I hope anyway) I figure it out. When I provisioned using STUN the presence status works. In SBC it did not. Is this normal?

4. us1

us1

The "profile" is not reflected via BLF. In other words, if the user puts their extension in DND, away, etc., that will only reflect in the 3CX client and NOT on the BLF keys on desk phones. This is a feature request that is out there that desperately needs to be addressed. If it can work on the 3cx client, it should be able to work on a desk phone.

I cannot answer your question regarding SBC and BLF keys. From what I have read and learned in training, BLF keys should work so long as you're using any edition other than the Free PBX edition.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As above the presence state of the extension is not reflected on the BLF keys of the IP phone. The BLF keys will show if an extension is busy available or ringing. This should work regardless if your phone is local or remote. If you are on a standard licence then go in settings / Licence
    and click edit and ok. Try again once you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.