Clarify queue status please

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by egimbergh, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egimbergh

From the maximized presence screen I can log users out of the queue (management rights). After that, their own actions of signing in/out or changing status to away/available have no effect anymore (we use the 3CX softclients). They remain out of the queue until placed back by me.
    At the same time, the extention in the management console show the Queues Status as 'logged in' during all of the actions mentioned.
    What's the deal here? Are there different levels of signing in/out? My actions in the presence screen override the user settings? And the setting in the management console is again a level higher? There is no mention of this in the manual.

Hope someone can clarify this.

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi egimbergh

What you are observing is probably what we call Selective Queue Log in and Log out. this works as follows. You might be a member of multiple Queues lets say 3 and you do not want to be Logged into all 3 of them you want to be Logged into 1 of them in the morning and 2 of them in the afternoon or different days. The user or the queue Manager Can Log agents out selectively from Queues from Presence (this does not affect your Global Login if it did then you would not be able to choose queues to stay logged in your would either be Logged into all or Logged out of All Queues in which case you could not do the above). So in short the system remembers which queues you selectively logged out from and will not log you automatically in until you or the Queue Manager logs you back in.

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. egimbergh

Okay, thanks for that. Perhaps forward this to the writer of the manual as well?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.