• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Clarity on multiple outgoing CID

Status
Not open for further replies.

seantp

Customer
Reaction score
I've posted a couple times about wanting multiple extensions on a phone to support incoming and outgoing calls on a separate number. I've also read through several requests about this and I still am not sure where things stand.

Right now I have numbers hosted with Twilio and I'm able to setup two SIP trunks. I'm migrating everything to Bandwidth.com... or thinking about it. Problem is I can only have 1 sip trunk. They will show caller ID coming from the PBX. I created an outgoing rule with pefix 8 and it kidna worked. I could see in the log that it found the outgoing rule but twilio rejected it.

But that's with two SIP trunks that have Caller ID set from the side of the carrier. How would I make this work with one SIP trunk? I don't see where in an outgoing rule I can rewrite the outgoing caller id based on a prefix...

I'll just take this opportunity to add I really wish I could do this the way Switchvox did. On switchvox, I could assign as many Extensions to a phone as I wanted. The extensions would work individually and for the end user, it was easy as dialing a number and hitting the extension they wanted to dial out of. It also made viewing incoming calls very easy as you knew right away what the call was for. Then on the extension I would configure whatever CID number I wanted.

I don't see where in an outgoing rule I can rewrite the outgoing caller id based on a prefix...

There isn't...yet. In the Ideas forum there has been a feature suggestion, "in progress" for a while, that will allow something like that.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ability-to-set-a-caller-id-for-outbound-calls.42840/

I created an outgoing rule with pefix 8 and it kidna worked. I could see in the log that it found the outgoing rule but twilio rejected it.

You may want to "review" your rules, as you may be sending your provider a number they don't like. Check the 3CX Activity Log to see exactly what you are sending, for the failed call.

At this point, as long as your provider allows Caller ID spoofing, you can send the Caller ID assigned to an extension, in the extensions CID options, or you can send the Caller ID assigned to the trunk group. you can't change it with a dialcode...yet.

That post makes sense for 911 calls. Especially for remote workers who need to call out on their companies main line but a 911 call would use a DID registered to their local address. I honestly thought I could do that already.

I'm pretty sure I'm missing a + before the number. I just wonder why my regular outing rules work without it. They both use Twilio sip trunks

I'll have to wait with moving all my numbers to Bandwidth then. Extensions won't work unless I have multiple phones on my desk or I manually program the second extensions on the phone. But that isn't really feasible.

As @leejor mentioned the ability to to select different outbound caller ID's is not available at the moment. You can only send an outbound caller ID that is set under the extension settings or it is set under the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.