Class of services

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by prawira, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prawira

Hi all,

How to implement class of services on 3CX ?

example :
    + all extention with class 1 can do overseas, long distance, local, etc.
    + all extention with class 2 can do long distance, local, etc; but no overseas.
    + all extention with class 3 can do local, etc but no overseas and long distance
    + all extention with class 4 can receive any call (transfer by operator), but no outbound calls allowed
    + all extention with class 5 only for internal use; not allowed for incoming and outgoing calls and receive call from outside as well.

Cheers

Paul

2. Discovery Technology

It's all in the way you setup your outbound rules - the ability to place this level of control on certain groupings of extensions is a feature that is currently built-in and readily available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. prawira

Could you please to point me the HowTo for this ?

We need to configure multiple ext and with different type of class between day and night.

Seems that this question was asked many times... some of them are at :
    + http://www.3cx.com/forums/class-of-service-group-4394.html
    + http://www.3cx.com/forums/outbound-number-blocking-6819.html

Paul

4. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Actually there is not "direct" way currently to do this. Personally I need it very much. What you can do for now - to set the outbound rule for group of extensions (you can set extensions numbers like 200-299 or 2*) that point to some DR that will say "Sorry, you are not permitted to call to this destination). That is my solution.

5. prawira

Well... it still does not solve the problem...

How to restrict office extententions from outgoing calls, outsite of office hours and holidays ?

If it still does implemented yet, let vote for this features.

Paul

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

A work around to restrict outgoing calls after hours would be, if using PSTN, to put the ATA's that those phones use to dial out, on a timer, and power them down outside of office hours. I suppose that most companies have responsible employees and don't need to restrict their calls when no one is watching them. I've heard of phones in a reception area that are toll restricted or even restricted to inside calls only ,but if there was an emergency you'd want an employee working late to be able to, at least, call for help if something happened.

7. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

You can use the HTTP API commands in a script that you run at 'Out of Office hours' to disable external calls for the extensions in question.....At start of In Office hours you can re-run a script to re-enable outbound calls.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.