• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Classroom Phones - HotDesk Line 1, Classroom Ext Line 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan Smith

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

3CX 15.5
Yealink T21P-E2 and T46G Phones

Is it possible to configure these devices so that line 1 is a hotdesk, and line 2 is another extension, always logged in?

The reason for this, is to allow certain members of staff to be able to hotdesk away from their usual office.
For example, the Principal if he/she is covering for a staff absence.

Is it also possible to set a time limit on the length of time a hotdesk is logged on? Is it possible to have automatic logoff of a hotdesk user after 60 minutes logged in?

Many thanks in advance,
Duncan

I maybe wrong

Hotdesking requires 3CX standard templates so no you can not have a second line configured - no custom templates

On the timeout, you can not specify a timeout - either the user has to log out or you can log the user out within the 3cx management console.

Hello @Duncan Smith

I would recommend using hotdesking for all users. The users will be always logged in to their phone unless they are absent. In that case the person replacing them will log them out and log his extension in. When done simply log out.
Is it also possible to set a time limit on the length of time a hotdesk is logged on? Is it possible to have automatic logoff of a hotdesk user after 60 minutes logged in?
I am afraid that is currently not possible so the users have to manually log out. You can create a feature request regarding this on our ideas section of the forum where it can be upvoted by other users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Hi Everyone,

3CX 15.5
Yealink T21P-E2 and T46G Phones

Is it possible to configure these devices so that line 1 is a hotdesk, and line 2 is another extension, always logged in?

Duncan

I have a fanvil phone that line 1 is a hotdesk in my 3CX system and line 2 is another extension in a freeswitch system. So I think you can have line 1 as a hotdesk and line 2 as another extension.
But you will manually have to configure line 2 in the phone using the web UI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.