• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Clearing out a stale extension registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbehlok

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there is going to be an option in the management GUI to clear out an extension registration? I have seen where eventhough a Softphone, or even a hardware SIP phone has been removed from service, that extension is still registered. The only way I have been able to clear those extensions is to reset the system. Can we have a disconnect button somewhere in the Line Status page?

Other than that, the system works great, can't wait for the next Beta to come out ;)

Registering

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your nice feedback!

In regards to your question - do you mean the registration still shows after deleting the extension?

no, I mean that even after I disconnect the Hardware phone, the Extension still shows as being registered. Right now, I have totally disconnected 2 different SIP phones, bt if I look at Line Status, those 2 extesions are still registered and green. This seems to be occuring more with Hardware phone as opposed to Softphones.

Thanks
Mark

This is because its up tot the phone to register/deregister with the phone system. So if you unplug it, the phone will still appear registered for a while.

Thanks for the reply, but is there a timeout set somewhere? I disconnected the phones over 12 hours ago, but they still show as registered.

Not really a super big deal as they should be connected all the time. But during testing stages this tends to be a nuisance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.