Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Clearing out a stale extension registration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mbehlok, Dec 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbehlok

I was just wondering if there is going to be an option in the management GUI to clear out an extension registration? I have seen where eventhough a Softphone, or even a hardware SIP phone has been removed from service, that extension is still registered. The only way I have been able to clear those extensions is to reset the system. Can we have a disconnect button somewhere in the Line Status page?

Other than that, the system works great, can't wait for the next Beta to come out ;)

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Registering

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your nice feedback!

In regards to your question - do you mean the registration still shows after deleting the extension?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mbehlok

no, I mean that even after I disconnect the Hardware phone, the Extension still shows as being registered. Right now, I have totally disconnected 2 different SIP phones, bt if I look at Line Status, those 2 extesions are still registered and green. This seems to be occuring more with Hardware phone as opposed to Softphones.

Thanks
    Mark

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is because its up tot the phone to register/deregister with the phone system. So if you unplug it, the phone will still appear registered for a while.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. mbehlok

Thanks for the reply, but is there a timeout set somewhere? I disconnected the phones over 12 hours ago, but they still show as registered.

Not really a super big deal as they should be connected all the time. But during testing stages this tends to be a nuisance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.