Click to call from with in POS app

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by comutech, Jan 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comutech

Hi all need your help

Need a way to integrate 3cx into a POS software where a custom button can be placed on the cashier screen "call for help" in which when selected will start a call to a defined extension to get the assistance of the supervisor.

With in the POS i can configure custom buttons to lunch urls as well as external applications.

All suggestions will be appreciated Thanks

2. pact

pact New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. comutech

Thanks for the info I tested this on a windows 7 pc and it worked flawlessly but when testing it on windows 10 will all updates installed the call works the first time but on a second attempt noting happens and then you cant make any call until to close the softphone and open it back. I tested on multiple windows 10 system and the same result.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

That probably happens because the client cannot detect audio devices on the machine it is running of. When that happens you need to re-register the client to be able to make another call. This is the default behaviour of the client as it needs audio devices for it to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.