Client v6.0.567 Tunnel Service Killing Internet (again)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by darrellchapman, Jun 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darrellchapman

The Tunnel service is back to it's old tricks: killing my (and others) Internet access. For some unknown reason the 3CX Tunnel service when started, kills (or severely hampers) my Internet access. Stopping the service and restarting my Web browsers restores my Internet access.

Why the tunnel server is even running is beyond me. It shouldn't be as we are on a private LAN. My only solution is to disable this service.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

These are the things to check.

1) Confirm that you do not have 3CX VoiP client and 3CX PBX server installed and running on the same machine.
    2) netstat -ano Confirm what ports are being occupied by tunnel.
    3) Confirm that you have not made any modifications to the tunnel.ini file manually changing a Voip client into a Master tunnel - this will result in 2 Master enpoints.
    4) Version of tunnel - Can you confirm what the tunnel Version is 6.0.131.

If the tunnel checkbox is not enabled in the Profile Connection used at the moment, then a tunnel connection cannot be present.
    Are you refering to the Voip client here, to the PBX server or to the Tunnel Service in General ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. darrellchapman

nickybrg,

This post was about the 3CX Tunnel Service that is included with the client. Also, I submitted this issue to the support portal a few months ago and the issue was resolved with with the latest (I think) release of v5. However, the problem has returned with the upgrade to v6.

We do not use the tunnel because most of us are on the LAN however this latest upgrade re-enabled the 3CX Tunnel service and causes Internet to stop working. My preferred solution is to disable the tunnel service.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

If you want me to help you determine why the tunnel is killing your internet connection without disabling the tunnel service please send me the information stated previously. Since I cannot replicate this in our test environment I need more information.

At least I need the following:

1) Netstat - to see what ports is the tunnel client occupying.
    2) Is the client installed on a machine which has 3CX server already installed?
    3) Can you confirm that the tunnel version is the following? 6.0.131. Yes I understand that the tunnel comes bundled with version 567 of the voip client but can we just confirm that in the Program files folder \ 3cx voip client \ the Tunnel version is 6.0.131. Just to be on the safe side?

You mentionned that you performed an upgrade of the voip client. Can you uninstall and reinstall the client from scratch and see if this solves the problem? Major changes were made from Version 5 to Version 6. So I recommend that the installation should be performed in this manner.

Uninstall version 5, Install version 6.

Awaiting your reply.
    regards

5. darrellchapman

nickybrg,

This is more of an inconvenience than a problem. I'd prefer to have the Tunnel service disabled since I don't want to use any more system resources than necessary. What I'd like to see happen is that upgrades of the client keep the Tunnel service disabled (or whatever state it was during the upgrade).

However, if you want to troubleshoot this issue, here are my answers to your questions:

1) I will run netstat the next time this happens.
    2) No, each client is installed on a workstation. The server installation is on a server machine.
    3) v6.0.131.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.