Client v6 + 3CX v7 + Vista

Discussion in 'Windows' started by radix, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radix

Hallo,

I have an 3CX System v7 configured and working good.
    There is an patton 4554 gateway configured and working properly.
    All software are the actual latest versions: pbx: 4744, patton R5.2, client v6 727, client v7 4448.

Some of the users have Vista and some have XP.
    The users having XP are using Client v6 and everything works ok except when they make an outbound call a "3" is appended to the caller id. It should be a "0".

The users using Vista have the Client v7 installed and everything works ok. (even the appended "0" at the end of caller id)

Because Client v7 is missing an important feature for us like the extension pannel I've installed v6 on some Vista installations. here I've got some problems with the sound:

- v6 -> external number: no sound. nor at the external number nor at the client
    - external number -> v6: I can hear in v6 the voice from the external telephone but in the external telephone I can't hear anything.

Is v6 not supporting Vista? the v7 on the same computer is working flawless.
    Why v6 is appending a "3" at the end of caller id but v7 is appending correctly like defined in the gateway an "0'" ?

Thanks,
    Radu

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

With 3CX v7 you must use the V7 client. Presence can be monitored in the v7 client too (if you mean extension panel)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. radix

Thanks for the answer Nick!

Looks like I've got confused with the Softphone vs Client version.
    This week we will test the client v7 and when everything is ok, next week we'll buy the 3cx.

Cheers,
    -radix

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Radix,

Glad its resolved! I admit that the current softphone, client and versioning and so on is confusing. We are working on this.

We are also working on a so called operator panel, which will allow monitoring of extensions and much more. It should be released quite soon...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.