Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved [Closed] Unable here Operator Messages

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pranav Jairam, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pranav Jairam

Hi,
    I installed 3CX and it works extremely well. We are using a our old Elastix 2.5 box which has a Digium Card to forward calls to the 3CX as explained the guide. I'm really happy that the documentation is so good. I do have a a small problem though:

When I dial a mobile number from my 3CX is connects and call clarity is also very good. But if a mobile phone no. is not reachable or busy etc I don't get the operator tone of "The number you are calling is busy/not reachable" , instead I get the 3CX ringing tone even if the mobile no. is off/busy/not reachable etc.

Could anyone please help?? Its kind of urgent. I checked in google but since I don't know the terminology/keywords for the above I hit a dead end.

Thanks

Pranav Jairam

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Pranav Jairam

Please navigate to settings / PBX and enable option Play busy Prompt when extension is busy. Let us know if that works for you

3. Pranav Jairam

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,
    Thanks for your reply. That didn't help. The issue is only when I dial External Mobile Phone Numbers. If the external mobile phone number is either not reachable/or switched off instead of getting the message sent by the mobile operator I get a ringing tone by 3CX.

My users think the phone is ringing but the external mobile no. is either busy or not reachable etc.

Pranav Jairam

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you get a ringing tone even though the mobile number is busy then possibly the PBX is not receiving a busy message from the provider. Do you get the busy message in the logs? Your best option is running a wireshark capture and see what message comes back from the provider when a mobile number is busy

5. Pranav Jairam

Hi @YiannisH_3CX,
    Thanks for your prompt reply. My Elastix 2.5 gets a busy message from the provider. It's only 3CX that doesn't get it from Elastix. PFA my logs of Elastix 2.5 below:

The mobile phone number was pu ton Airplane Mode while testing. Still got a ringing tone.

Do let me know how to post 3CX logs and I'll do the same.

Thanks

Attached Files:

6. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Ive gotten this when going through a patton pri gateway. I had to enable precall announcements (or something like that) .... basically, focus on your digium card, not 3cx ...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Pranav Jairam

Hi @JaasonNadeau,
    The most surprising thing is that it works on the Elastix 2.5 Dahdi trunk. It just doesn't pass it to the SIP trunk created between Elastix and 3CX. Wondering where the configuration is??

8. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Its not surprising, different devices act differently together. I haven't used digium cards in years, but I assure you there are settings that go with it. Time to pull out the digium manual ! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Pranav Jairam

Bump... The entire setup is complete except for this and Outbound Rules for International dialling from India. These two done then I move to the next installation/configuration. ;).

Can anyone help me with the correct terminology/keywords for the same so I can search in Google??

#9 Pranav Jairam, May 29, 2017
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  10. Pranav Jairam

Outboud Rules done... only the above thing left... :(

11. Pranav Jairam

Ok... Sorted it out a couple of days ago. Sorry forgot to update it. The update for Indian Airtel PRI connection is to enable Fax detection in the Elastix server. Once done its working. Don't know what's it got to do with fax detection but its working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.