Cloud Installation Linux v15.5 # PSTN & Fax

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ittogo, Jul 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ittogo

Hi there,

we are using and moving more and more customers to 3CX Cloud Installation von Linux Hosts.

But some customers want to use a analog fax.
    In the supported gateway list Patton & Beronet could not be used with SBC oder STUN. The gateway mus be local.

Has anyone tried this?
    What is an alternative way?

2. AlexDBarrett

I had a similar issue with a Moshi Door Entry phone. Although we were told it is 100% compatible with 3CX it does not provision as a remote extension.
    Our only option was to implement an on premise solution.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Hi ittogo,

I have had success using both Patton and beroNet Gateways with STUN and SBC (I would recommend the SBC method) however these points you need to be aware of:

* This is an un-supported setup/configuration with 3CX and they would not assist if you had an issue.

* I could never get FAX working. I believe due to network restrictions there were too many traversals/conversions taking place and it simply did not work (FAX for on-premise only).

Analogue extensions worked fine however as did ISDN BRI/PRI gateways.

* Auto-provisioning is not supported in this method or at least you could auto-provision the gateway but it would be required that you go back into the config file and alter it to cater for the new setup.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

#3 eddv123, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.