• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cloud Installation w/ Cisco SPA Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

knollwood

Free User
Reaction score
We've had for many years now an on-premises 3CX installation with Cisco SPA525G2 phones. I now want the server to be cloud hosted with a provider like Amazon or OVH. Can I do this with my Cisco phones? Do I need to install the SBC and update the proxy settings on the phones?

On one hand, 3CX provides this page that mentions the proxy settings: https://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/configuring-sip-phone-as-tunnelled-external-extension/

On the other hand, 3CX points out that the Cisco phones have no SBC support.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cisco SPA phones can only be used within the local lan. VPN would be the only way to make a remote phone local...

Best for cloud, and get into the ability to use RPS, a phone from the supported list (https://www.3cx.com/support/) is strongly recommended.

Thanks for the info.

1. When using a supported phone along with 3CX on a cloud hosted server, would it be recommended to use the SBC locally or just make direct remote connections? We have about 10 office phones.

2. Of all the supported phones, which brand is the best and most compatible to use? What brand does 3CX use in its own offices?

Thanks!

hey,

1)
if all 10 phones are in the same remote location it is best to install the SBC as the data stream for audio will remain in the office. Only external calls will be send from and to the server. If all 10 phones are in different locations, then go STUN.

2)
You like to know which phones 3CX uses for our office work? The 3CXPhone and a headset is at 80% on our workforce (expected I guess).
Beside those we have all the phones from supported and some legacy devices up and running. Stick to the Supported Device which are not clustered as EOL to be on the save side to have also for the foreseeable further the best compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.