• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Cloud server ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjduk

Reaction score
Hi,

I've installed and been trying to configure the 3CX Cloud Server but having problems connecting one external extension.

I'm not sure if the cloud server manual isn't up to date but can someone confirm the current RTP ports each tenant uses?

The current documentation says Tenant 1 uses RTP ports 5000-5999 but when you load up tenant 1 is says you should open ports 60000-60999? - Has this been changed and not been updated in the manual?

I'm trying to connect a external extension, it connects and shows extension idle on the system but no sound either way. When 3CX phone is connected it show on hook but top left connecting.. and then disconnect. Firewall checker shows no issues. This is the same using direct or tunnel.

Thanks
Gary

There are ports, specific to each client, and, there are common ports used by all.

http://www.3cx.com/support/cloud-server-port-list/

Thanks Leejor,

The page you mentioned states

3CX Phone System uses specific ports for different services. 1000 ports are allocated for each tenant. Tenant 1 starts from 5000-5999, tenant 2 from 6000-6999, tenant 3 from 7000-7999 etc.

When you load cloud server now and load the first instance of 3CX it automatically shows ports

So I take it at some point the program has changed RTP ports from what the documentation states (5000-5999) to 60000-64999 and instead of 1000 ports being allocated per tenant it changed to 5000 without the documentation being updated?

Anyone confirm this? - just a bit confusing why you'd need 5000 RTP ports now when the maximum version of 3CX it can use is 32 sim calls. Forward planning maybe?

I'm now not sure to keep trying to get this to work or change them.

Many thanks
Gary Davis

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 707
I'm afraid that I haven't had any experience with the multi-client version so I'm not really the best resource. There are a number of "regulars" on the forum that, I'm sure, could provider more specifics regarding the port usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.