cloud server to muitiple offices, recommendations

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jmooo, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmooo

Hello and Thanks

I've yet to have a day w/o a call about some issue since "go live" 1 week ago. I'd like input from those of you have much more experience with what works and what works less well.

This is my first production installation. A 3cx cloud server on a google-cloud VM (dual xeon, 8gb ram).
    We have 3 offices with 3 different type phones. Calls average about 120 a day. Voip service is from voip.ms.
    The 3cx license is for 8 simultaneous calls.
    Currently the connections are through static IP on google-cloud VM to static IP on offices. All offices have sonicwall TZ200 or TZ205.
    Ports are opened 5000-6000 udp and tcp plus 55000-64999 udp and 3478 both udp&tcp.

Would using session-border controller(s) be more stable? reliable?
    How does your google-cloud VM perform with 3cx?
    Would a standard 3cx installation perform better? We do not intend to have multiple tenants?
    What are know problems with cloud-server vs local install?

I sure would like to learn from your experience....

Thanks Mo===

2. ucs1

Hi Mo,

You didn't detail how many phones on each site. If it is an 8 SC license I'd imagine each site would have <10 phones and I personally would sit a Raspberry PI Device on each site.

We have done multiple deployments for customers like this without any issues.

I've read mixed reviews about the PI but personally can't fault it and we use them as in all standard deployments unless they hit the cap for capacity on SC.

Can I ask why you are using 3CX Cloud if you don't have multiple tenants and don't plan on it? You're only using 1 tenant is that correct?

Cheers,

David

3. ucs1

Additional to this, if you're only going to be hosting 1 tenant I'd recommend standalone install which means you can deploy version 12.5 for your client also

;)

4. jmooo

Thanks

I wonder if SBC may eliminate need for "pbx delivers audio" ??

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

You have described the setup to some degree, but failed to indicate what the issues are.....other than complaints. Can you elaborate on the complaints and if any trend or if one office has a disproportionate share?

Also, what are the speeds to/from each location, phones make/model and qty at each, and you indicated 3 offices with an 8 call licence.....does this mean 3 separate offices and each with an 8 call license or 3 offices using one 8 call license?

Have you followed the blog directions for using Sonicwall?

6. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

As previously mentioned could you please provided details as to what the issues you face are?

Ive done multiple deployments using the Sangoma SBC which in our case has been a life savior in regards to having audio processed locally, eliminating delay/echo issues.
    The catch with this is how is your connection from the Office to the Google VM? Is there a site to site vpn tunnel say from your sonic wall to your google cloud setup? Just a quick search looks like there is a way to setup a VPNGateway with your VM network that would allow you to do this. Ive never used Googles Cloud but have use Amazons and they have a similar VPN functionality.

Even without say using the SBC for starts i would move to the Site-to-Site configuration and have your phones use the VPN tunnel to communicate with the server vs going over a WAN. Much more stable and easier to manage in my opinion. That and get off the cloud version of 3CX and switch to standalone :) you will be happier and get updates faster.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jmooo

One office gets 90% of calls, then transferred as needed. One 8 call licensed cloud_server on google-VM.
    Phones are snom320's, spa504g's, and snom821.
    internet connections are comcast cable > 50 down >10 up at 2 locations. and TW fibre 4/4 at one.

One way audio solved with "pbx delivers audio"
    Transferring from a spa504g was solved when users learned how to use bxfer method

I will get SBC working tomorrow I hope. Today I was surprised that I could not get a phone to register with SBC.
    Not sure yet why not. SBC log showed connection UP.

8. jmooo

Thanks for ideas...

9. jmooo

my setup has firewall as follows:
    A. Ports on all firewalls udp&tcp;5000-6000 plus udp55000-64999 open
    B. hosts are allowed inbound and outbound to each other
    C. Ports and hosts all come inbound to LAN range for phones. (except below I added SBC host to this range)

So I installed a SBC on a host 10.5.8.68, on my home office LAN. On same LAN changed both a snom320 and a spa504g so that outbound proxy was 10.5.8.68.
    phones show "network failure"
    The SBC log showed connection server, with the phones not registering?
    I altered the 3cx phone provisioning to SBC of course.
    Just as soon as I remove the SBC on LAN host and remove the outbound proxy on phones registration is up....
    3cx server log did show any activity for the 2 extensions that were configured to use the SBC.

I thought phone to sbc to 3cx would be much easier than all the firewall changes.

What's next step to get SBC working? Surely I can have SBC connections for some phone and not for all the others?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.