Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Clustering support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thefinisher, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefinisher

Hi

Does 3cx support windows clustering or any high available option. How do you recover 3cx after a hardware failure ( harddrive, motherboad failure etc ) ?

thanks

2. ITWorks

ITWorks New Member

Not an expert by any means but we have 3CX running as a guest Virtual Machine on a two host cluster built on MS Virtual Server 2005R2. This cluster supports 4 other highly available virtual machines. I was impressed during failover tests how quickly the 3CX system recovers. There will be about a 5 to 10 minute interuption of service during a planned "save state" move of the VM to the other clustered host. However what I found very interesting is there is no wait for extensions and lines to re-register when done in this manner. They all seem to remain in the state they were in on the first host when moved to the new host.
    In a hardware failure such as you mention the VM move would be much quicker, but any data in memory would be lost. I have not tested this to see what happens to extension and line registrations in this senario.

Resource I used is http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/virtualserver/techinfo/hacsolutions.mspx

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.