• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

[CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscotech2007

Reaction score
I have (1) 3CX WIndows XP machine connected to a switch, and I have (1) Cisco 7040 IP phone(converted to SIP). I have two extensions setup(800 and 900) setup in 3CX and the same two extentions setup in the phone config. To make testing easier I set the extentions, user and password all to the same thing(i.e. extention=800, id=800 and password=800).

One thing I notice is my phone is freezing up when I am inputting numbers.... it has never done that before. Almost like when your putting in numbers the phone is communicating with the 3cx server and locking up. After a few seconds it un freezes...any ideas on why is is happening?

I checked the server log and got this mess, anyone have an idea on what the heck it means:

00:36:19.906 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=9638d8127b055b21 cseq=REGISTER contact=*[email protected]:40000 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

00:36:19.906 [CM502001]: Source info: From: "Unpark line"<sip:*[email protected]:5060>;tag=b147373d; To: "Unpark line"<sip:*[email protected]:5060>

00:36:19.906 [CM302002]: Authentication failed due to unidentified source of: SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=9638d8127b055b21 cseq=REGISTER contact=*[email protected]:40000 / 2 from(wire)

00:36:19.796 [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=d732b30dfd2aa42f cseq=REGISTER contact=*[email protected]:40000 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

00:36:19.796 [CM502001]: Source info: From: "Park line"<sip:*[email protected]:5060>;tag=817dc221; To: "Park line"<sip:*[email protected]:5060>

00:36:19.796 [CM302002]: Authentication failed due to unidentified source of: SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=d732b30dfd2aa42f cseq=REGISTER contact=*[email protected]:40000 / 2 from(wire)

3CX guys... I really like your product because I admin windows machines... but the product, especially this new build is rather buggy. I had the same server and same IP phone working great on the older version but this new version is giving me troubles

just a note...i am not a server log guru but it looks like two things are going on;

1. there is a problem with either the phone or server credentials not matching something.. but I have already checked the extentions list and made sure the extention, id and password and even the PIN are the same for each extention.

2. there is a 'park' or 'unpark' SIP command being issued from a device... though the IP is 127.0.0.1 which would be the 3cx server... which is very odd to me

Hi

The phone locking up when entering the numbers is unrelated to 3CX . The 3CX server will see the number / request once you hit the dial button. Please check your phone.

As to the log extracts, those are unrelated to the phone locking up issue. This was an issue in an old build of V7 when the free version was in use. Latest versions addressed this.

Please check version and build and upgrade as required. Please advise outcome.

Thank you for the support. One of the main things Iook at when referring a solution is the support on said solution. I could not and would not recommend a company using 3cx if no one was willing to aid with advice and support....

As for the phone lockup issue.... I believe I found the issue. There is little documentation on cisco sip firmware. The firmware supports logo but no idle logo FYI. I had a BMP logo of 39k... not huge. I cleared out the config on the logo and the phone is not locking up anymore.. i figured the logo(BMP) was hogging the phone's memory... I heard long configs make the phone lock up as well....(not confirmed)

And by the way.. for SIP on cisco you lose the webpage login... which really sucks because the cisco native firmware supports web configuration. Does anyone knnow if the linksys entry level SIP phones work well with 3cx? They appear to look decent... and the have a web configuration... so they look easy to use with 3cx but I wonder once configured... how well they work.. I heard the linksys phones support MWI but not BLF(whatever that is).. can anyone tell me more about linksys SIP phones and 3cx?

BACK TO THE PROBLEM, As for the error...when logging into the management console my build number appears '7.0.4744.0. I just downloaded this version, is this not the most recent stable build? With my simple server, switch, IP phone setup this should be easy to troubleshoot

Note; I am using the free version to demo for potential customers the 3CX system.. I like the system very much but I cannot afford to buy the full version just to demo to customers

Hi ciscotech,

It looks like you could be a prime suspect for the 3CX Partner Program. If you are interested in reselling 3CX to customers, you would want to sign up to the 3CX Partner Program and benefit from the needful. Of course we understand you need support and also an inhouse NFR (not for customer sites but for your lab/showroom). The Program is designed to do this.

At the same time, all 3CX downloaders receive an email with the 2 sim. call DEMO license key which opens up commercial features for evaluation.

Please feel free to pm me with any questions whenever.

Brgds,

Was there ever a resolution for this? I am getting same error with a 7962 on 3CX v10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.