• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Codec priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trestill

Platinum Distributor
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hello,

I wonder how to change codec priority for 3cxPhone v12.5. I see in provisioning file <codecs /> entry but there is no info how to populate it with desired codec order.

I would like to have wideband codec as top priority for all 3cx phone clients so changing template would be best. Is it possibile yet?

Thanks.

I changed provisioning file so it has a line
Code:
<Codecs>G722/16000/1,True;PCMU/8000/1,True;PCMA/8000/1,True;GSM/8000/1,False;speex/8000/1,False;iLBC/8000/1,False</Codecs>

but after 3cxphone start it has default codec order and 3cxphone.xml didn't load this line.

Realy, I have to manualy change every config file??

This sucks.

Is there any public documentation about those parameters in the provisioning file? :roll:

If not, it means all of them, including the file itself, are considered as "private", not for public use. Therefore, you should not rely on what you guess about one parameter or another might be. Changing such private parameters may make the application unstable or completely not functional.

In that case, do you have any suggestion how to set desired codec priority in 3cxphone for all employees ?

Best Regards.

Trestill said:
In that case, do you have any suggestion how to set desired codec priority in 3cxphone for all employees ?

Best Regards.
That's pretty much my question too... Right now if I make call with my mobile with 4G the quality is much higher than on the 3cx...

Hello to all

I have to do the exact same thing, I want to change the codecs for all employes how can I perform this aciton?

Thank you for the answer

Friendly greetings

I too am very interested in an answer to this...

In the newest version you can choose more persons and then change the setting for all of them together. But you can only change settings that should be the same on every person. Are the persons having different endpoints phone or softclient you can't change this overall, but I think this option will help you.

Friendly greetings

How do I do this?
I've gone into "Extensions", highlighted a number of extensions, edited the CODECs and OK'd, but the change doesn't get saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.