• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Codec RTaudio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MauMau

Reaction score
Yesterday i went to the Microsoft conference Unified Communications.
In the end, the debate started with the public asking about the Microsoft/Intel codecs.
So microsoft does not support 729, 3CX does not support 729.
Microsoft said that RTAudio/RTvideo codec is or will be available free to any company that wishes to incorporate on their systems, because Microsoft wants is codec to "lead" in the use of voip.
Is this really true? If it is, it would be nice for 3cx support rtaudio.
I read in a previous post , "we do not support OCS". OK, fine by me...but the codec itself..the market needs to get out of this best paid proprietary codec , (729).
The RTaudio/Video was presented as the best codec on the market.
Comments?

MauMau said:
Yesterday i went to the Microsoft conference Unified Communications.
In the end, the debate started with the public asking about the Microsoft/Intel codecs.
So microsoft does not support 729, 3CX does not support 729.
Microsoft said that RTAudio/RTvideo codec is or will be available free to any company that wishes to incorporate on their systems, because Microsoft wants is codec to "lead" in the use of voip.
Is this really true? If it is, it would be nice for 3cx support rtaudio.
I read in a previous post , "we do not support OCS". OK, fine by me...but the codec itself..the market needs to get out of this best paid proprietary codec , (729).
The RTaudio/Video was presented as the best codec on the market.
Comments?

RTaudio is probably a Microsoft proprietary codec. It's very likely to have a license fee if other manufacturers want to use it. For interoperability with OCS 2007 you will need at OCS mediation server anyway, and with this you will be able to use 711 and/or 729.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.