Codecs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bluefox8080, Oct 28, 2007.

1. bluefox8080

bluefox8080 New Member

Hi all,

Will you be so kind as let me know what codec you are using and why?
    G711
    Speex
    GSM
    ILBC

Thanks

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

From those i have only tried G711u(Best voice quality you can have, equal or even better then the PSTN Line) and GSM(this one complety sucked here... sound horrible). Others i have no idea becouse i never used, i can say thoug G711u is the best one you can have(you need some bandwith for this, around 80Kbits for received and outgoing sound). I also use G729 Codec wich is very good and takes almost no bandwith....

Cheers

3. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

I use G711 simply because it matches my VSPs and was most recommended on this Forum. Will try G729 when available. Never tried the rest, no brain cells or patience to spare :D

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I tried G729 with the Linlsys 9000 system. Worked well (about the only thing that worked well) for voice quality over DSL. Having that on did cause some other system issues so I had to go back to 711.

I'm just a little disappointed that I will have to upgrade someone to to Enterprise just to get a few extra licenses of 729. Stupid royalties!