• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Collect and store information from 3CX Management console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jean-Luc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to 3CX as a whole, and have been tasked with the following. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Our company wants to resell 3CX and there are some information that 3CX sends via email when users complete an action for example when a user adds an extension the email contains the name of that user and the detail of the extension. We would like to somehow capture some of this detail and use it for billing purposes.

To try and simplify my question: Client A has 4 extensions and adds another, the 3CX system generates an email that notifies us that Client A has created another extension..In the 3CX managment console under extensions we can see that Client A now has 5 extensions.

Is there some sort of tool or a way to AUTOMATICALLY collect this information that the system generates about a client/user and his/her extensions and store it in a spreadsheet or file that we can use to bill our clients accordingly?

i hope that my situation makes sense

The 3CX Call Control API does send events when some properties are changed. You may be able to hookup to this event with a service that evaluates these events and send an email. Alternatively, you could poll the API once a day to get a list of extensions and if the number has changed, send an email. There is no other automated way that I can think of...

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned i am new to this. also i have not been developing for well over 4 years now. Please could you guide/advise me on how to go about doing this ?

If you intend to have one instance of 3CX running multiply companies in my eyes is not a good solution

Yes you can add extensions , block calls between extensions, etc

You have the system accounts - Voicemail, IVR, Shared Parking, etc are shared across the 3CX instance , also you have one 3CX address book

There is no multi tentant version of 3CX

If you intend to have one instance of 3CX running multiply companies in my eyes is not a good solution

Yes you can add extensions , block calls between extensions, etc

You have the system accounts - Voicemail, IVR, Shared Parking, etc are shared across the 3CX instance , also you have one 3CX address book

There is no multi tentant version of 3CX
I understand, but no. we have a bunch of 3CX licenses and multiple instances. Honestly how our company will go about reselling 3CX i am not sure, i was just given vague information on what they want for billing purposes. They are most likely going to sell an instance to a company and would like to know when changes are being made on that system so that it could be billed accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.